Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reading: The Indigo Spell, Every Day, Elixir

I remember that through high school I loved to read. Of course, high school is right around the time teachers start inundating you with things to read - books and articles and plays and textbooks - and suddenly you don't have time to yourself to read - it's hard enough to squeeze in working and sleeping and hanging out with friends! Something has to give, and with me, that was reading for fun. 

Eventually, I went so long without reading for fun that eventually I just forgot what I liked to read. I got pulled back into reading a little bit with Harry Potter, but then I was just in for Harry and no one else. Of course there was the Twilight series, which I read in record time. And then, Amanda sent me a few YA (young adult) books she had, including Cassandra Clare's "City of Bones" and "City of Ashes" and that was it - I was hooked into reading again. I joined Goodreads and started logging all the books I'm reading and want to read, and I found Anna Reads' blog and it all snowballed into full-blown obsession.

Now at any given time I have at least 6 YA books from the library waiting for me. I'm currently reading:

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

 photo ScreenShot2013-03-14at121004PM_zpscd6fa3c3.png

Every Day by David Levithan


 photo ScreenShot2013-03-14at121028PM_zps5c2211ad.png


Elixir by Jennifer Armentrout (this is part of her Covenant Series, which I started reading after I got caught up to date with her Lux series and read her standalone, Cursed. I also bought her first NA or New Adult novel, Wait for You)


 photo ScreenShot2013-03-14at120912PM_zps1dcfdfa1.png


and I have to get a move on because I have 5 other library books to read, and I pre-ordered Cassandra Clare's The Clockwork Princess and Lauren Oliver's "Requiem" will be here from the library any day!

So far my most exciting moment in YA reading was the day I got an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy - publisher send them out for people to read before they're published) of Burn for Burn by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han (Go read everything they've written as well - really good stuff!) and Simon and Schuster publishing - it was like Christmas - I was so excited! 

So there you go. If you're wondering what I'm doing instead of blogging about food, it's reading. I'm going to integrate some book posts into the blog - that seems easier than starting a separate book blog, at least for now :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I need to read all those Richelle Mead books (I have the first Vampire Academy book), and all the Jennifer L. Armentrout books (I have Obsidian). I'm so behind on so many great series! But I did read (and loved) Every Day. Hope you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete