Sunday, May 5, 2013

Elizabeth Norris' "Unraveling"

Sorry for the delay between posts! I won't give specific details, so let's just say that the life of an Army family is sometimes a major PITA.

Today I finished Elizabeth Norris' "Unraveling." I'd added it to my TBR (to be read) list, but the girls on Epic Reads talk about it and it's sequel, "Unbreakable," so much that I had to give it a try and I'm really glad I did! 

From Goodreads:


Sixteen-year-old Janelle Tenner is used to having a lot of responsibility. She balances working as a lifeguard in San Diego with an intense academic schedule. Janelle's mother is bipolar, and her dad is a workaholic FBI agent, which means Janelle also has to look out for her younger brother, Jared.
And that was before she died...and is brought back to life by Ben Michaels, a mysterious, alluring loner from her high school. When she discovers a strange clock that seems to be counting down to the earth's destruction, Janelle learns she has twenty-four days to figure out how to stop the clock and save the planet.

I won't summarize beyond that because the book surprised me a lot. I will just say that to me, it's like a mash-up of Fringe, Veronica Mars, and Roswell, and there's even a Firefly reference thrown in. 

Now I just have to get my hands on a copy of "Unbreakable". . .

For another review of this awesome book, from someone who is frequently in book sync with me, here's The Overstuffed Bookcase!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the Firefly reference! And Veronica Mars is one of my all time favorite shows! I'm STILL reading this--I don't know why it's taking me so long, because I'm loving it. I just really haven't had that much time to read lately, I guess. Anyway, I hope to finish this at least by this weekend so I can get started on some other books that I need to read before BEA!

    ReplyDelete