Thursday, June 13, 2013

Claire LaZebnik's "Epic Fail"

Sometimes the best thing to read after feeling book uninspired is something fluffy that you're pretty sure you'll like. When I decided on Claire LaZebnik's "Epic Fail," I chose wisely. 




(I wanted to insert that Indiana Jones "He chose . . . wisely" commercial here, but all the youtube versions are bad or way too long. Alas.)

I read an excerpt of this book when it was free to read online last week. The excerpt hooked me, but I don't read books online - I'm too old for that I guess - so I requested it from the library instead. 

This story is about Elise Benton, her crazy family, and her adapting to her new high school with it's hollywood stars and it's kooky new principal, aka, her mother. Elise's sister, Juliana hits it off with Chase Baldwin, the best friend of Derek Edwards, who is the son of two hollywood stars.

From Goodreads:

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school--not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

A cute quick read. Sometimes it's exactly what you need. 

Quotes!

"No one's family is norma. Normalcy is a lie invented by advertising agencies to make the rest of us feel inferior."

"You really thing it's so great to be dry? It takes talent to get wet on a sunny day, you know. I'm a maverick. I stand alone, wet and brave! You guys are just sheep."

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds really cute! I have The Trouble with Flirting, which is also by this author, but I haven't read it yet. I'm going to have to add this one to my TBR list as well! Great review! Oh, and yeah, I can't read on my computer either. It's just annoying, I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read that one too! I read this one in a day, so that was fun. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete