Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My First ARC: "Burn For Burn" by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han

So after I read the Twilight series, and my friend Amanda mailed me a few YA novels (most notably "City of Bones" and "City of Ashes") I managed to find the Anna Reads Books blog. Thanks to Anna's fun blog, I decided to jump on the YA books bandwagon. 

Eventually I read Jenny Han's "Summer" series, and then I found Siobhan Vivian and read all of her books (my favorites are "Same Difference" and "The List") and I really enjoyed all of them. One day, I found a large envelope sitting on my porch, and inside was an ARC of "Burn for Burn"! 




I can't even tell you how excited I was. I love a good book, and a free book by authors whose works I loved? I have no idea how they got my information, but I am still so glad they did - it was like Christmas, honestly. And I really love the cover - the muted tones, the 3 girls, the title in the giant font - it's all great.

I read the book a little over a year ago, so I'm fuzzy on some specifics (going to need a reread before I read "Fire with Fire"!) but basically, the book is about 3 girls - Mary, Lillia, and Kat - and it gives their backstories and info on their current place in the world. All the girls have been wronged in some way and they all seek revenge. As someone who was teased and tormented in high school, I understood where they were coming from and definitely appreciated their desire for revenge. I identified more with Mary and Kat than I did with Lillia, because she was one of the "popular" girls, and let's face it, I was never that girl and I don't understand them and I certainly don't usually feel sorry for them. I should work on my empathy for the popular, I guess.

Back when I got the ARC, I didn't have a blog, so I decided that since the sequel is due out soon (September), now is the time for me to post about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment