Wednesday, June 12, 2013

When Books Don't Thrill You - Is it them, or is it you?



Yesterday I started this book and made it 56 pages before I decided to stop. It was entertaining enough, but I could tell it wasn't very good, and then I realized it's book 1 in a 5 book series. There are so many books to read that I just can't invest that kind of time in something I don't love. 

I also had lackluster feelings about book 2 in what is so far a 2 book series. I liked the first book a lot, but either too much time has passed and I need to reread the first book, or this book just isn't as good as the first one. Really sad. That book was:


The first book, "Hold Me Closer, Necromancer" was pretty great. Original and funny, and we know how hard it is to find a supernatural book that's even anything approaching supernatural. I just checked on Goodreads, and "Necromancing the Stone" has a slightly better rating, so while I'm putting this book aside for now, I will reread the first book and then try the 2nd one again. 

Now I'm off . . . for the library, of course.



1 comment:

  1. I just had to DNF a book because it was making me way too anxious. I knew seizures made me a little anxious, but I had no idea that it was so bad that I would have to not finish a book! That was my first DNF in a while, but there have been plenty of books I've read that I just didn't enjoy. Meh, it happens. I feel bad when I don't love something that I really think I'll love, or by an author I love, or by an author I follow on Twitter or something, but really, there's nothing I can do about it. So I try not to feel too bad. ;)

    Sorry you didn't love these. I have a friend who really loved Hold Me Closer, Necromancer. I wonder if she has read the second one, and if she feels the same way...

    ReplyDelete