Saturday, August 10, 2013

Migraine Delay + Erin Bowman's "Taken"

I am so behind on blogs! Posting, reading, everything! Summer immersed me into the season of migraines, so I've either been in pain, or not in pain and appreciating that by parenting or whatever. 

I have, of course, kept up with my reading anyway, and I'm working on a list of the books I owe you reviews of right now

But first! The other day I was lucky enough to win a copy of Erin Bowman's "Taken!" Very exciting! Through the magic of twitter, I discovered an online twitter chat with Erin and Lit New England that was offering prizes! I'd already read the book and I really enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to the sequel, "Frozen." Having my very own copy of taken will help ease my waiting woes! :) I just checked my blog and apparently I haven't posted about it yet? Crazy. 




From Goodreads:

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

Intriguing! I was pretty sure I knew where this was going - I was so wrong. It was a fun read that kept me on the edge of my seat without stressing me out too much. Also, there's a character named Kale! This book shares some similarities with other recent hits (but I'm not saying which ones so you can be surprised!), it definitely has it's own unique twists.

Here's the cover of the sequel - isn't it gorgeous? 



1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love when books aren't predictable. I usually enjoy them the most when they surprise me; although if what I really want to happen doesn't happen, that's another story.

    ReplyDelete