Sunday, August 11, 2013

Myra McEntire's "Infinityglass"

I first read Myra McEntire's "Hourglass" almost a year and a half ago, and I really enjoyed it. I read the sequel, "Timepiece" as soon as I could get my hands on it and then I anxiously awaited the final book in the trilogy, "Infinityglass." 

One day about two weeks ago, the UPS guy knocked on my door and gave me a book shaped package (my favorite kind!) and when I opened the package, I found a brand new copy of "Infinityglass" and this was before the release date! Is there any better mail than a free surprise not yet released book? I'm not sure there is! It's shiny and velvety and I love it. LOVE IT. I haven't had a ton of reading time lately (again, migraines, summer, yuck) but I made sure to go to bed at a decent time over 3 nights and I read it then.


(WARNING: Below is the summary of the final book in this trilogy, so if you haven't read it and don't want spoilers, stop reading this! Now!:) 


From Goodreads:

The stakes have risen even higher in this third book in the Hourglass series.

The Hourglass is a secret organization focused on the study of manipulating time, and its members — many of them teenagers -­have uncanny abilities to make time work for them in mysterious ways. Inherent in these powers is a responsibility to take great care, because altering one small moment can have devastating consequences for the past, present, and future. But some time trav­elers are not exactly honorable, and sometimes unsavory deals must be struck to maintain order.

With the Infinityglass (central to understanding and harnessing the time gene) at large, the hunt is on to find it before someone else does.

But the Hourglass has an advantage. Lily, who has the ability to locate anything lost, has determined that the Infinityglass isn't an object. It's a person. And the Hourglass must find him or her first. But where do you start searching for the very key to time when every second could be the last?

This is one of those series where the books are connected but the star characters in each book change. I usually love that, but in this series I only like it (though I love each book) because the stars of book one, Michael and Emerson, aren't the stars of the other two books.

This book involves Dune (from The Hourglass) and Hallie. The story is fast paced and a fun, quick read. If you like a little Sci-Fi in your YA books, I recommend this! 

Book one in the series is "Hourglass" and book two is "Timepiece."







No comments:

Post a Comment