Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cora Carmack's "Losing It" + "Keeping Her"

So I decided that as long as I'm going to read some trashy NA/New Adult (aka Naughty Adult, because let's face it, most NA books are about the sex scenes) I might as well expand my repertoire. With this in mind, I decided to finally read some Cora Carmack books (mostly because Jennifer Armentrout said to, because I am a JLA junkie and will read whatever she writes and will frequently read what she recommends). 

I have one friend who loves trashy books with me. Just the one. It's Becca. And Becca didn't really love "Losing It," but I was pleasantly surprised. BUT. I hate the cover. I'm not posting it. The guy on the cover is all wrong, and quite frankly, he doesn't even look legal. 

From Goodreads:

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

I know, it sounds terrible, I KNOW. And the beginning is pretty terrible, but it definitely gets better. The male love interest in this book is a hot British professor/actor! He's sensitive, even though she's basically crazy! I mean, I get it. Being a 20-something virgin has to be a bit embarrassing to some people. But being crazy should be more embarrassing.

There's a follow up to Losing It, but it's not nearly as good, and quite frankly, it stressed me out. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha yay trashy books! Maybe we should start a trashy book blog together

    ReplyDelete