Sunday, November 3, 2013

PUGS! Gemma Correll's "A Pug's Guide to Dating"

I know I haven't gotten around to mentioning it on this blog much, but I love Pugs. My kid loves Pugs. My husband loves Pugs. We are Pug People. 

Up until August 2012, we lived with our Pug, Tilly Rose, aka the Baconator, Pugzilla, etc. Sadly, she passed away suddenly on a road trip at the age of 2 1/2. She was the Best Dog Ever - she knew what everyone wanted from her, and she delivered. She played with the kid and let the kid dress her up and read to her. She wrestled with my husband. She followed me around everywhere and I never felt lonely. I cannot describe to you how lonely life feels after you have lived with a Pug and then must live without. To this day, 14 months later, it still feels weird to get out of the shower and not have her staring up at me.

I started researching ideas for a memorial Pug tattoo for Tilly, and at that time, I discovered Gemma Correll. Gemma has captured the spirit of the Pug and has managed to epitomize the cuteness that is the Pug. When I found out she was publishing a book about Pugs, I knew I had to have it and my husband bought me her first Pug book - "A Pug's Guide to Etiquette" for Valentine's day (though Amazon had some issues and it took 3-4 months EXTRA for me to get my book, past the original date they promised me). It was as adorable as I expected, and when I heard Gemma was going to have a 2nd Pug book, I knew I had to have that book as well.

When I saw the call go out for bloggers interested in receiving a copy of "A Pug's Guide to Dating" for review, I immediately emailed the publishing company, Dog 'n Bone Books, and was thrilled when I received an email asking for my mailing address.



From Goodreads:

Who knew that sniffing someone's backside in a park could be so alluring? For every pug, the road to romance is filled with dramatic highs and crashing lows. For every successful lick there's an aborted leg hump, for each whiff of a pretty posterior there is a howl lamenting unrequited adoration. In A Pug's Guide to Dating, pug lover and illustrator of the moment Gemma Correll has put together a collection of 50 charming cartoons, observing from a pug's point of view, the pitfalls facing young pugs in their quest for love.

Just like her first Pug book, I found this book to be adorable and amusing. If you know anyone who lives with Pugs, who wants to live with Pugs, who loves Pugs, who laughs at Pugs, you have to get Gemma's books for them. If you don't like Gemma's Pug books, then you don't like Pugs, and we probably can't be friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment