Sunday, November 3, 2013

Yallfest - My First Book Festival

I am super duper excited - awhile back, the lovely Epic Reads ladies mentioned Yallfest. I always want to go to these things - fests, cons, whatever - but they're always so far away. Yallfest isn't! It's in Charleston SC - a 4 hour round trip drive! I am going, and I'm dragging the kid. Who am I most excited to meet, aside from the Epic Reads ladies and Snarkles? 


  • Leigh Bardugo
  • Gayle Forman
  • Kami Garcia
  • David Levithan
  • Marie Lu
  • Tahereh Mafi
  • Myra McEntire
  • Lauren Oliver
  • Steph Perkins (okay, I met her already, but still!)
  • Veronica Rossi
  • Rainbow Rowell
  • Carrie Ryan
  • Margaret Stohl


Veronica Roth will be there too, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to see her. You have to have purchased tickets for her keynote address, and I didn't buy tickets. Due to living the joys of Army life, I have to bring the kiddo with me, and I didn't want to subject her to any extra line waiting. Maybe I can jump up and down and see her from afar?

Send your best wishes that the kiddo (now 7) and I deal well with the lines and drive and all of that. I'm super excited! She's excited to meet Snarkles :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment