Sunday, March 23, 2014

Marie Lu's "Champion"/The Legend Trilogy

I don't know about you, but post Veronica Roth's "Allegiant," I live in constant fear of being "allegianted" by a trilogy. Yeah, I made up a word for it. 

Post "Allegiant" and to a lesser degree for Gayle Forman's "Just One Day," there was a lot of online discussion about whether or not authors owed a certain story to their readers. Of course I don't think authors owe us anything, but that doesn't mean we don't have certain expectations and wants. While I won't go into the other two stories (I try to be spoiler free here), I'll just go back to Marie Lu's trilogy.


Marie Lu's The Legend Trilogy



From Goodreads:

He is a Legend.


She is a Prodigy.


Who will be Champion? 



... (I erased the middle of the summary just in case you're behind and haven't even started this amazing trilogy yet. You've read Divergent and The Hunger Games, right? This. Is. Better.)



With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.


From the very beginning, I loved this story. Our two heroes are so different, but both so amazing and lovable in their own special ways. June Iparis, the once military hero of the Republic, raised by her brother Metias. Day, the rebellious criminal from the streets. If you haven't started this trilogy yet, you must. If you've started it but you're scared to finish it, don't be - it's everything I didn't know I wanted.

Thanks to The YA Series Insiders I have a signed box set of this series now (which is awesome, because I went to Y'allfest last year and missed out on meeting Marie so my set never got signed)! 

1 comment:

  1. Our firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors.  These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.
     
    We would like to add you to that database to receive releases from our clients. 
     
    You will receive two press releases per week on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.
     
    There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.
     
    Thank you for your time to consider our service.
     
    Best,
    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications

    www.bostickcommunications.com

    bostickops@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete